Six goals

Got up and made tea and took my still-recovering wifey tea and breakfast in bed. Got up in time to watch England play Panama in the world cup. Had heard people say that Panama were exactly the kind of team England struggle with,  but by half-time, and England up 5-0, the pundits were all saying how Panama were like a non-league team. In-ger-land ran out out winners 6-1, the first time that England had scored more than four goals in a world cup before.

This done, and a salad and hummus lunch consumed, Lorraine had to turn to school work. I went out and did quite a long walk. I have now learned how to thread my route through nearby woods and cross over the M27 into a big wood, which I walked about in today for the first time, while listening to my audiobook of The Road To Wigan Pier, by George Orwell, and there is a quality to his writing that is brittler than I'd noticed before. A cloudless day, and I felt happy to be outside and walking in woods, and even enjoyed the more exposed bits looking over Brighton to the sea, or at the downs in the north. 

Home and Lorraine still working, but she had put in a chicken, and I made a salad to go with it. An quietly idyllic day for me, although Lorraine had to work hard to catch up with some of the things she missed when she was ill.

Below, long grass at the edge of town.


Comments