A hangy wife

Up early and carrying the wood and old decking from the back garden through the house and piling it on the pavement with Clem. He'd arranged for it all to be collected, which it was. Lorraine back at work, going in late, and still looking a bit wan. Later the joists were delivered for the walkway by the side of the house, and we unloaded those. Was reminding me of my twenties, when virtually all the jobs I did involved carrying things.

My best work is always done in the morning undisrupted, so little chance of this right now. However I did some work on poems, and also a quick blogpost about Antony's launch, and his new book. I went for a walk in the afternoon, as between 2:00 and 3:30 as this is the zone of no ideas. A gorgeous day.

Lorraine survived being back at work, while not being anything like fully well. One of the parents said she was 'hangy', a Scots term for not fully recovered. Fishcakes for dinner. All well.

Comments