A day with a smile on its face

Much more positive today. Due to a) having a quiet word with myself and b) the fact that Lorraine was working from home. Actually a day with a smile on its face, and I got lots done, sent off the pamphlet MS to someone else, sent some poems off to a magazine, was sent a fascinating pdf of a book called The Wet Bicycle, by its author, Gregory Vincent St. Thomasino, the editor of e.ratio in New York. Also received two collections by Janet Sutherland. Strangely tired this afternoon and conked out for the best part of an hour.

In the evening I sauntered down to The Joker, where I met Anton, and we ate some wings and curly fries, and shot a fair amount of breeze. We went then to the Great Eastern, and then somewhere else for a game of Flintstones-themed pinball while talking about books, which Anton won of course. Playing pinball is one of the first things I did with Anton. Then to the Batty for an absolutely bloody final beer. Not been in the Batty much recently, and it is no different in there to when I first came to Brighton. Had a good time, as ever, chatting to Anton, and I walked home, and it was still light when we left the pub. Lorraine in bed when I got home, having been to the gym.

Comments