Matt well met

A steady day of working at my stuff, broken by a walk into town to pick up Lorraine's present, which was being delivered to a store today. It wasn't there, which was annoying, but at least I had a good walk. Working this afternoon in the garden, as I have discovered that my laptop seems to pick up the wifi outside, which is excellent.

Off in the evening to poetry workshop, the standard there is always improving. Tess Jolly produced another outstanding poem the second in what is going to be a fabulous sequence, an interesting poem from Tony taking an enigmatic piece of graffiti with strange syntax, and creating a poem in the same way. Antony had an excellent love poem too. I took along a poem that I have been struggling with off and on for years, and Tess suggested simple a fix for it that I'm really happy about.

Walking home I peered into the window of The Brighton Tavern and saw Matt was there on a quiet monday, so popped in and put the world to rights over a couple of beers with him, chatting about music, life and everything-else.

These large gulls often sit imposingly like this a few yards down the road from us.




Comments