Bad spangles

The morning did not go to plan as I woke up to migraine spangles in my eye, and a bad head for the rest of the day. This is only the second time I have woken up to a migraine, but at least it means the day can only get better. Not able to look at computer screens or do much with myself this morning, other than listen to American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis in audiobook. Fairly horrible, and the endless listing of all the brands and products the hero encounters somewhat mind-numbing.

Sat working in the garden this afternoon. And a good deal better by the evening, and off for a therapeutic walk around the park with Lorraine. Beth back late after aqua aerobics with Laura.

Comments

livesbythewoods said…
American Psycho is the only book I have ever thrown away unfinished. I loathed it utterly, from start to the point where I gave up on it.

I found it boring, gratuitous, misogynistic, materialistic and without any form of redemption (I read the last few pages to see if the main character had any major turning points in his life.)

I expect I missed the ironic point, but I read about 2/3 of it and then binned it.
Peter Kenny said…
Yes, I'm beginning to wonder if I will do the same. It makes me feel sick. Not as sick as a Chuck Palahniuk story Guts once made me feel though.