Horizontality

So spent the day applying ice and holding my stupid leg horizontally, which complains if jarred, straightened or moved abruptly. I did creep out into the garden but slipped a bit, and returned yelping.   Standing is however a little easier than it was.

Sent some new words to Helen for our Centaur project. A bit later she sent me a photograph of a few of them already set to music -- as she said she could hear them straight away. I really like how she gets swept up in surges of creativity.

Otherwise I worked on a poem, and worried about where my next piece of freelance work is going to come from, as it has been exceedingly quiet of late. Not that I could actually go anywhere at the moment, and even sitting down at my desk is a challenge. But I must count my blessings which are many and various.

FaceTimed with mum, and got a nice note from Jane in Guernsey saying she is off to a wedding whose guests will be feature ex-wardens from Holloway prison. This is where my grandmother, Gwen worked for several years. As long as they don't suggest drinking at a late night lock-in.

Lorraine home at a decent hour today, thank goodness. Beth returned from London where she went for an audition with a cricked neck.

A note from Helen...

Comments