Jeep in a tree

I was up and out to get some bread and bacon from around the corner, but returned to Lorraine roaring upstairs. Calliope managed to compound her sins by sneaking into the bathroom for a moment when Lorraine wasn't looking, to poo in the already defiled tomato tray she'd used last night before we had a chance to throw it out.

A day of gardening again, I am loving gardening at the moment, and Lorraine and I are having great fun together.  Today we removed plants with steely resolve, and I took up a long half buried plank that had divided the bed at the bottom of the garden from the rest of it. I thought this was going to be hard but it lifted straight up. Lorraine repositioning or potting some of the things we had dug up to make way for the patio. Laura around to hang out with Beth this afternoon. I told Laura I was doing manly things in the garden, and she said, 'what, like flowers?'

Off to Waitrose later, with Beth and Lorraine who were buying fixings for puddings they were going to make and take to Anton's tomorrow. First Matie called while I was in the car, and I sat in the carpark chatting to her for a while. She is very sad about Graeme's death.

Home and Lorraine, Beth and I watched Jurassic Park as part of Betty's research for her audition. Quite a good film in some ways, particularly struck this time by how in one scene a man and a boy are climbing down a tree, pursued by a jeep stuck in its branches, its headlights glaring at them as the escape. That's proper film making: let's have a jeep chasing people through a tree.


Comments