A quick kerrrang with Oskar

Deciding to pull myself up by my own bootstraps. Up early and generally getting on with things. Organising another reading in London in June, and booking up a physiotherapy session tomorrow and so on. Even managed to get down a fairly complete version of a brand new poem. Still in a fair degree of pain and immobility. A note from Mark Hartley today, who thinks our house had been previously occupied by another old friend of his.

Feeling a bit better as I was being productive. Lorraine home and working very hard all afternoon. I was also joined by Oskar, dropped off by Anton and Klaudia with his cool new guitar and amp. He did some loud kerranging noises for a short while, and I tried to show him a couple of chords. I also yelped horribly when I twisted my leg, which I hope did not freak him out. We hung about chatting for some time, and he asked me if I was retired. Beth came home and amused him by sourcing various pirate names for people he knew from an app, and playing quizzes with people across the Atlantic. Betty is excellent with children.

Oskar returned to his loving dad, I went back to writing the poem. A quiet but cheery night in with Lorraine and Betty. Watched an episode of one-off dark comedy dramas called Inside No.9. Very good and quite scary.

Below Oskar with his fender telecaster copy.


Comments