Night of the Golden Weasel

Back to my daily routine today, this morning spent picking up the threads of what I'm up to, while Lorraine was working from home. I stole out to bask on the patio with a cup of tea, chatting to Betty and playing with the cats. Beth has been preparing for her dinosaur audition tomorrow up in London for the last few days, which at one point involved lying on the floor pulling dinosaur faces.

Lorraine and Beth off to see Maureen and Pat this afternoon, as today is my favourite mother-in-law's birthday. I went to Hove to see Helen who now has now a complete first draft of one section of the opera, and has been working fluently. We listened to this, and discussed certain sections at length. Then we agreed the overall structure for the rest of the piece which was quite a large step forward.

Walked home, got changed and then collected Klaudia to redeem her 'Golden Weasel' birthday magic ticket. We walked down to Gars restaurant and ate some excellent Chinese food as this is Klaudia's favourite cuisine. I'd forgotten how good the food is in Gars, and her friend's father is the chef and owner and  Klaudia has been in the kitchen there. She loves egg fried rice, seaweed and ribs especially.

Then we hurried off to the Royal Circle of the Theatre Royal where we were just in time to take our seats for Oh What A Lovely War. I thought the production was mostly very good, but the one or two scenes dragged when people were explaining the causes of the war in dubious foreign accents for too long. I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to take her too, but Klaudia said she enjoyed herself and found it funny. I think just being in a theatre is interesting for most people at 11 years old. In the interval we got a tub of ice cream, as the odd corner had opened up after gorging at Gars. Lots of older people in the audience, and many sang along lustily at times, and the subject matter makes it an emotional experience for some. Klaudia a bit tired by the time the show ended so we cabbed up the hill and I delivered her safely back to Anton. We had a good laugh this evening and I'm really pleased we went to the theatre together rather than me simply giving her a gift for her birthday back in January.

I then sauntered home talking to my lovely Lorraine on the way who was staying in her old bedroom at Pat and Maureen's house. A bit odd for me to go back home and sleep alone there I think for the first time.

Below Beth with Calliope and Brian; Pat with Shaun the Sheep headgear that Beth sent me. Pat loves Shaun the Sheep; Klaudia and my theatre selfie. The theatre looks empty at this moment but was actually full.





































Comments