Retreat of the foxes

More gardening today, which is giving Lorraine and I great pleasure. We laid the slabs down for the patio, on top of sharp sand and weed-preventing membrane, then scattering pebbles and cobbles around them. As we were doing so our next door neighbour Jenny, who seems very nice told us that she had just seen a fox and nine cubs emerge from underneath the decking in her garden, just a few feet away from where we were working. As soon as we had returned from the garden centre and surged out into our garden the foxes had retreated.

Off to Anton's house this evening in a cab where we made merry. Anton and his mum had cooked a delicious meal, with a variety of lovely fish starters, followed by roast lamb, and lovely wines, delicious cheeses and puddings made by Lorraine and Beth, followed by cake made by Anne. A really cheery evening where I ate and drank my fill.

Below my iPhone was swiftly removed from me by Klaudia resulting in my phone being filled with a bazillion selfies, many featuring Kaudia and Beth. Below, me executing a species of strange dance with Oscar; Oscar armed; Anton; myself steadily drinking wine and about to eat cake with my loving wife and stepdaughter; a Klaudia selfie; Beth entertaining Klaudia with Anne in the background; ditto with Anton and I staring with unnatural intensity at an LP cover and Lorraine in the background.









Comments