Heads down, no-nonsense working

Heads down, no-nonsense working, undisturbed other than by both Calliope and Brian fighting Cactus the provocative cat next door. Have two competitions I particularly want to enter, and am doing so with two new poems called Paranormal Reality Show (which necessitated me watching clips from those paranormal investigation programmes with Derek Acorah) and Willie's Trick which is about W.B. Yeats and has necessitated me looking again at my collected Yeats, and A Vision.

My leg seems to be improving a few percent each day, and I am doing the exercises religiously. Emails with Catherine, who had recommended the excellent physio, and has agreed that we needed a summit meeting this Friday. I am really looking forward to it.

Early evening, I lurched slowly off to the nearby Preston Park Tavern to see Anton. Views down the hill to the steel blue sea. We met outside the pub and he observed that we must have left home at the same time. A cheery evening, though a short one as it is a school night. I mistakenly opted for a falafel burger served with about eight chips, Anton had the same but with beef.  The third burger option was a mackerel burger that seems wrongheaded.

Home to my Lorraine tired from work and watching Folyes War on the sofa, and Beth who arrived a bit later after a night out with Laura. And so to bed.

Comments