Smoggy beauty

Up fairly early, with Lorraine shouting up that the foxes next door were visible. Peered down and snapped them from my study window. The cubs are very different in size. Lorraine working at home today, and we had some lunch in the garden. As it was a girl's night, I made myself scarce this evening taking a long walk in the smog. For the air quality is terrible today, Very High pollution apparently with still air and smog drifting across the channel from France apparently mixed with Saharan dust, and joining forces with our own pollutions.

Went down to the sea, and took a stroll on the pier, with the lowering sun reminding me of Charn, the red city in The Magician's Nephew. It was good to have a stroll and to roll the thoughts I'd been having on my work on a notch. Popped into The Cricketers for a quick pint, and thinking about our wedding party we had there a year and a half ago. Then I paused by The Colonade for another quick pint, for the sole reason I'd not been there before. Before making my way to The Basketmakers where I met Beth, back from working in Eastbourne. Had a lovely chat with her in there on many and various subjects, as well as the pesky dinosaur audition, which although it went really well and she had them laughing and asking for more from her, but she did not get the job.

We cabbed back home to Lorraine, and I ate an ill advised cheese on toast before bed.

Below Interloping foxes, living under next door's decking, and the smoggy but beautiful sunset at the beach.





Comments