A strong-forearmed approach

A taxi to Hove to see Clare, a physiotherapist Catherine had recommended to us. She was very charming and took a strong-forearmed approach to the leg of evil. She estimated I should be back to (what passes for) normal in six weeks, massaged the hurty bits and offered straightforward exercises and advice, such as if you do anything that hurts, stop.

I gingerly caught a bus home, a good plan despite an oaf treading on the offending limb. But I'm feeling much happier now that I've had someone sensible look at it, and have a clearer picture of what to expect.

Little other news. I simply worked on poems today, spoke to Mum and Mas on facetime, and got on with work. I'm trying to work hard. A poem I am pleased with, that arrived almost fully formed yesterday, which was a bonus.  And nimble enough on my feet to cook a curry for Lorraine and I which was rather fierce.

Read a couple of chapters of a book I've had for a while on Mindfulness. I need to cultivate this.

Comments