The smiling beer

London again, sans pinches or punches. Feeling quite cheerful, and reading the paper on my kindle. Particularly following the story about the anti-capitalism protesters camping outside St Paul's and the PR disaster for the Church of England this has turned out to be, who now appear to be siding with city fat cats rather than people who are trying to assert a moral standpoint. One protester contrived a placard which said 'What would Jesus do' which has prompted, I imagine, some soul searching in the Church.

Work fine, and cheery to be working with people I really like. Working on growth disorders today. An interesting area. Found myself reading about psycho-social short stature, which is a condition where a stressed child does not grow in size. Apparently JM Barrie experienced this, which may have fed into Peter Pan and the idea of a boy who did not grow up.

Gallingly I managed to delete the last couple of hours work as the very last thing I did before I left the office. A schoolboy mistake, which I blamed on First Matie who was standing over my shoulder at the time.

In the evening a cheeky beer or two with First Matie. Ages since we'd had a beer together in London. Just lovely to catch up. I took a photograph of my pint of beer which had a smile in the bubbles, which matched how I felt.

Snoozing home on the train. Lorraine had cooked a fantastic shepherd's pie. Forked this down with some gusto and later grew cross with L for cooking something so delicious that I ate an uncomfortable amount.

And so to bed.

Comments