Jelly babies and quiet beatles

A terrible night's sleep. Had a vivid dream that I was on a plinth while a man in some sort of crow's feather costume loomed over me. Woke up rather sharpish from that one. Somewhat pale and wan today as a consequence, although orc foot improving steadily.

Lorraine's and my missions of limited scope: we went in search of winter flowering pansies, and booze for the party we are holding next weekend. Bought a serious amounts of booze, and then found a garden centre over the downs where Lorraine happily nosed among the cyclamen and pansies, some of which we bought.

We also bought some jelly babies, but these were the best jelly babies I have ever tasted. We guzzled an entire packet in the car. They were like the Platonic ideal of jelly babies bursting with fruit flavour and with a delicious texture all for £1.99 and made by sweetmakers of genius called Bon bon. I'm not one for sweets, but these were incredible. I need more.

Home and both crashed out for the afternoon and evening. Much needed gold sofa time. Watched the first half of a really good documentary George Harrison: Living in the material world by Martin Scorsese. It has only just been released in cinemas and is now on BBC 2. Spellbindingly good documentary which made me see the whole Beatles story in a different way, not a mean feat about a subject matter that is so familiar.

Comments