Leaves

Up to London again. Working with Andy on a somewhat confusing pitch brief.

Lunch with Keith and Hamish in a pub, me on chicken and two pints of soda and lime laughing about unfortunate medical accidents, starting with digital rectal examinations and prolapsed rectums and moving down market from there.

In the afternoon Andy and I soldiered on, mainly in a room overlooking Tavistock Square's autumn trees shafted by low autumn sunlight. It was so beautiful that it kept drawing my eyes. On the opposite wall light and shadows were playing on the wall shifting and filtered through the leaves. Andy took a couple of snaps.

After work a quick drink in the office with First Matie, The French Bloke and others, and found myself talking people's heads off about Mexico, smallpox and the Aztecs mode of warfare all about taking prisoners, rather than killing people (having listened to a podcast about it recently). The FB talking knowledgeably about Derbyshire Thicknecks, people with iodine deficiency.

Home late, and Lorraine even later. Bought an evil Ace pizza which I ate slices from. I have to start worrying now as they knew my order when I went in. Had a few slices, and a couple for Lorraine, then bed. Calliope treacherously scoring the soles of Lorraine's feet in bed as I brushed my teeth.

Comments