Pass me my fez

Off to the quack this morning as ankle still terrible. They are piping music into it the waiting room these days. I'm not sure Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin was exactly the right choiceand for doctor botherers. My very likeable quack gave me an prescription for gout pills, and Zapains (codine and paracetamol) and we laughed about them zapping the pain. After buying a gout stool, fez and smoking jacket, made off to London again.

Work fine, loped alongside Nicola at lunch to score some food. She has leant me A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving which I began reading today. It is a wonderful book judging from the first 60 pages or so. One of Nicola's favourites. The character Owen Meany is tiny, and it is a rather fitting read as I am still working a bit on growth disorders in children.

Home again, the Zapain working well, although making me feel vacant. Home to Lorraine, who had cooked a lovely meal, but had to go next door and babysit little Joe for half an hour or so as our neighbours were both at the local hospital with their other baby is recovering from a hole in the heart operation. Progressing well, however.

Otherwise a welcome quiet night, with pain levels at manageable, and the orc foot pills beginning to kick in, thank God. Calliope and Basil fighting in a playful way. Spoke to Beth who is doing well at college by the sound of it, despite having a challenging personal life at present. Enjoyed watching the Big Bang Theory, lately credited with increasing the number of students wanting to study physics at university in the UK, with Lorraine, before bedtime.

Comments

Thanks for the reminder about A Prayer for Owen Meany.

I've read it a few times, but not for years. Think I might have another read sometime soon.

It's brilliant.