Roll over Metivier

Calliope, no respecter of late nights, sprang onto my pillow, and dragged me from sleep hideously early. Once up, I lurched about working on bits and pieces, making and labelling a map of Guernsey for the centre of the book, as well as tinkering with poems. Then made off to the gym, which livened me up somewhat. This recent gym bout has made my trousers seem a bit looser.

Betsy has some great thoughts for the cover of A Guernsey Double. Much relieved by this, as I couldn't see the wood for the trees on it any more. Amused by Richard writing: "Really excited about the Double. We are the new kids on the block. Roll over Metivier, tell old Corbet the news!" referring to Guernsey poets of the 19th century.

Another night blamelessly sipping mineral water and teas, and enjoying this picture of a marine blobfish, from Practical Fishkeeping.

Comments