Morning after

The Election resulted in a widely predicted hung parliament, though slightly short of the workable majority I thought the Tories would get. All politicians looking exhausted. God knows what's going to happen now. A Liberal Conservative pact, is the early indication. In my Brighton Pavilion constituency the UK's first Green MP, Caroline Lucas, was elected.

I had some more French work to do first thing, which I started very early and was done by mid morning. Gingerly, and rather exhuastedly, off to the gym again where I am now listening to my iPod audiobook while on the hulk legs machine, and then home via the printer to view the proofs for the words for This Concert which I am having fairly cheaply printed in a limited edition of 100 to sell next week.

In the afternoon, laying out Richard's poems for A Guernsey Double. Some absolutely gorgeous work in here, and I am proud to be sharing the book with him. More on this in the next few weeks.

Fairly drained by the end of the day. It has been a demanding week -- and not helped by staying up late last night. Went around to Lorraine's local curry house with L and Beth. Had a good laugh with both discussing costumes, and enjoying the fact that they were making a list of things that needed to be sorted for the show out over the poppadoms. Made me feel taken care of, which is a very nice thing.

Comments