Gardening with stones

My second entirely computer free day, spent manfully setting about my yard under Lorraine's adult supervision. We cleared sackloads of rubbish, and emptied the storage space outside, which is really an old fashioned outside toilet, which still has a bowl and cistern in it. We are remaking and reshaping the flower bed, and giving it more verticality.

We drove off in the afternoon to the tip, and then to the garden centre where I bought three big pieces of rock, one smooth egg-like piece and two jagged sharpish vertical bits. I almost opted for two smooth egg like stones and one pointy one, but stopped as made it look like some stone phallus. Also some shale and wooden edging for the beds. Lots of carrying of heavy things all day.

Bumping into folks today as we were about our business. Janet and Ken by the station buying a ticket to see his grandkids, one or two of my neighbours, and a new friend Guy at the Garden centre. I really like living in a town were I can meet people in a way that rarely happens in London.

After this up the hill to see Anton and Anna and the bairns for a bit of a barbecue and a relaxed and chilled evening, eating some yummy food and chatting. Teasing Klaudia by picking up and "reading" a story about her having to go to sleep, in five different variations.

Comments