This concert day two

Began to get an insight into the lives of proper show folk. The day is a hinterland of the night, and it was difficult to achieve much. Managed to grab a cat nap with Calliope on the gold sofa. Mum and Mas arrived in the afternoon, and I had a quick soft drink with them in the Yeoman before going back to the Church. Janet and Ken, Mum and Mas, Lorraine's folks Pat and Maureen plus Randolph and a few other friends in the audience, which had grown by another dozen or so from yesterday. And Bob was there at the back beaming support.

Didn't feel quite in the zone tonight -- slightly too relaxed and a bit flat. The first half poems went well again -- Our song the last of the poems about love is proving a good performance piece.

Slightly disconcerted by the opening theme of This concert which fell apart a bit, and sounded rather nice, if not exactly the music we were supposed to be playing. However the performance after this went pretty smoothly. And there were some standing applause at the end. I wasn't as happy with my reading tonight, but Matt and Adam reassured me afterwards that it was fine.

I am absolutely loving being in a show again. I love all the backstage business, hearing Ellie tuning up her violin, the choir warming up, having Beth, who is incredibly reassuring and efficient, tucking in the purple frills of my costume and quietly production managing the show.

After packing away, off to the nearest pub, for a very altogethery post show gargle with performers and audience. Mum and Janet having a good chat, Bob talking to Maureen, Mas talking to Pat, Ken buttonholing Adam, just a really nice evening out. Bob, Mum and Mas and I floated back down the hill and drank tea at home, before Bob left, Mum and Mas went to bed and I boofed out greatfully on my sofa being too shattered to bother sorting out my futon.

Comments