Portly Prince

To Specsavers to get my reading glasses bent back into shape, after I sat on about a year ago. Can't believe it has taken me so long. Put into a fury today by a person unknown, who parked their rucksack in my front garden crushing loads of plants. I hurled it venemously down the Twitten, and when I returned from Specsavers it was gone.

To the costume shop again, where I met Beth who helped me, with the excellent Jessica, sort out some remarkable purple and black clothes for the concert. A 100 year old black silk top hat with purple filly band, black tails, purple waistcoat, some species of purple frilly cravat, pointed shoes, and a cummerbund. Suave, like a large portly version of Prince.

Then Beth and I off to Sussex University for the final rehearsal with the Tacet Ensemble and the choir. All went fairly well, I think. Though I was not using a microphone, which I will do at the concert, so was always at the top of my voice, which meant I lost some of the colouring. All seemed happy enough with me, which was fine. The choir now singing beautifully, and the madrigals in the first half were splendid. Lorraine drove us and Matt back to her neck of the woods, where we had a bite to eat and a glass of beer in The Signalman, before going our separate ways.

Spoke to Edward Chaney today, who is perhaps still most well known as GB Edwards' literary executor. Edwards wrote The Book of Ebenezer Le Page. Edward discussing what to put in his introduction to A Guernsey Double. He read me some out, which seemed to be a survey of the current state of western culture. We decided it may need focusing on Guernsey again.

Meanwhile Wheeling and dealing concluded. We have a new Tory Prime Minister David Cameron, fronting up a Tory Liberal coalition. Brown has also resigned as leader of the Labour Party.

Comments