Sitting at the feet of Sol Stein

Monastic working today, but making steady progress.

Went to babysit Klaudia who was ill and unusually quiet, while Anna took Oskar to his nursery, and then went to the GP in the afternoon. Klaudia and I companionably watched an hour and a half of CBeebies. Klaudia particularly enjoying The Large Family about elephants. Amazed to see almost every programme carried some green messaging in it about recyling, and explaining what pollution meant. Hopefully it is seeding a generation of eco-warriors.

Spoke to Mum today, whose cat has finally had its prospects curtailed. Hopefully its neutering will keep it out of all the punch-ups it has been getting into, latest injuries include a savaged tail. Diane called and will be staying with me this weekend in sunny Brighton. And another chat to Bob as he walked home in Salisbury. He was sounding positive, and like a man with a plan as the birds tweeted in the background.

Spent the evening listening to my Sol Stein audiobook On Writing is proving extremely practical, and is providing lots of different ways to assess my manuscript. Have already made a several tweaks thanks to his remote tutelage. Perhaps more by luck than judgement my book seems to do a lot of what he suggests, which seems to me a good omen. This is the best book on writing I have ever read.

Comments