Pompatus of love

Up early to start writing copy for a French tourism campaign for the first few hours. Once completed I went to the gym, however was curiously underpowered today, so had a light session. Then back to work on Skelton Yawngrave, and have a few slightly tiresome business chats.

Mum called to say that her scan results were fine. This is excellent news for a smorgasbord of reasons.

Robbie told me via Facebook about Spotify, which is a splendid music site. He'd been listening to Steve Miller, whose famous song The Joker has the lines "Some people call me Maurice, because I speak of the pompatus of love." I'd always thought I'd misheard this line but apparently Miller is one for neologisms. I like pompatus (just one of the spellings I have seen of it on the Internet) a good deal.

Spent the evening finishing The Missing Person's Guide to Love by Susanna Jones. Gripped by this book which is full of existential uncertainties. I was reminded of Haruki Murakami. It this was full of ambiguities and things unsaid.

Anton phoned to share many of his opinions about the excellence of Manchester United.

Comments