High on Sunday

Relaxed brunch at Bills with Lorraine, Anna and Brian. Luke-warm cucumber juice wasn't great, but the rest of it was fine. The place thronging, and good to gossip with everyone. Brian between jobs at the moment, but not panicking.

In the afternoon, Lorraine and I went up to Devil's Dyke, which is like the top of the world for Brightonians. Very clear to the distant North Downs, and south to the sea. It was busy with people sunbathing, and having picnics and flying kites. Being surrounded by emptiness on both sides makes me feel like falling upwards into the sky of course, but I still enjoyed it.

Home again to do some work, and then watch the DVD of the first series of The Inbetweeners, which Anton lent me. It had me hooting with laughter. Wonderfully observed, and hilariously offensive in a totally authentic 17 year old boy way.

Below a shark kite, and picnics for all.


Comments