A late yippee!

My day ended on a happy note with an email from Catriona in Guernsey saying the Commissioners had liked my idea for the anthology of Guernsey literature. Will have a detailed chat about next steps this weekend, and Catriona has asked if I'd like to meet the commissioners to talk it through next month. So - in short - yippee!

There's lots of things to still be sorted, but it all feels good.

Otherwise a quietly productive day. Up early writing to Richard in Guernsey, then bashing on through Skelton Yawngrave, with a bit of Alsace tourism copy thrown into the mix.

After working for about seven hours took myself off for an hour's walk in the sun. Headed down to the sea, which was made greenish by the wind. At one point a man approached me, explaining that he had to touch a pole before talking to me. He then asked for "bus fare", but when I did not simply hand cash to him, he retreated to the pole explaining he had to touch it again. I couldn't work out afterwards if he really did have some form of OCD, or if this was part of a scam.

Below Brighton Beach today.

Comments