Brighton bursts into life

A great start to the day, getting a note from Catriona in Guernsey saying that my Guernsey anthology proposal is well received so far, and will be taken to the next arts commission meeting. Fingers crossed. Also worked on my Skelton story for a couple of hours.

Anton, Oskar and Anne called around and we all went to see the Children's Parade. Anton had to double back to get his camera, and I ended up having to carry Oskar after he fell down and bumped his head. Quite touched that he turned to me for comfort.

Brighton sunny and full of life, on the first day of the Brighton Festival. This year's theme was the elements so there were people as fishes and birds and insects and clouds and so on. Loads of drumming and dozens of schools parading through, and half the town out to see them. Noticed Spooner pushing a pushchair cigarette in hand as part of the parade. I bumped into him and Ali afterwards and had a brief chat. He is looking very perky and well. Lorraine and I went to the Dome in time to meet Dawn and see a version of Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen played on Steel Drums, which is not something you hear every day. Supped coffee and then went to the Pavilion Gardens where to see a piece by Anish Kapoor called Sky Mirror, which you can see below.

Then off to get my hair cut and have a fairly chilled afternoon and evening with Lorraine, watching a very silly movie Dodgeball movie, which I rather enjoyed.

Below from the kids parade, and Anna and Klaudia (dressed as a bee) Sky Mirror by Anish Kapoor.











Comments

Hilary said…
Mr Kenny, your neighbour here! Just thought I'd drop by and say hello. I missed the children's parade which was a shame seeing as I'm a roving Brighton photoblogger :)

Pop by when you get the chance - I also have a pic of the sky mirror. Fantastic object.