Fly crunch

Up early to cat business. There is a black cat who seems to be sporting a magnetic collar, and is thus able to dive through my magnetic catflap to ingest Calliope's food. Calliope is unbelievably fussy with her food, and acts like she hates everything I give her. So when her plate is suspiciously clean in the morning, I know it's not her. These two cats seem quite friendly but there is politics going on between them, which led to noisy batting of opposite sides of the cat door at 5.00am.

Up again at 7.00pm and got ready to head off to the gym, but instead felt alarmingly dizzy, very hot and unable to think straight. Lorraine called by on the way to work to quell hypochondria. I sensibly shunned work and slept. By evening, my temperature had cooled off and I felt fairly good. A brief but weird and disturbing wussiness.

While I was flaked out on the sofa, Calliope bringing big juicy flies home in her mouth. Sometimes they can still fly, and make their escape. She charges around the house, yowling with fury until they come in reach again. She ate one today with a nauseating crunch. Immediately after this Calliope ran over to me to rub her face on my lips. Urgh.

Decided not to cook, and when Lorraine arrived, and we toddled around the corner to the Chinese takeaway and had a glass of Harveys in the pub next door for twenty minutes. Ended up chatting to a guy who knew Guernsey really well, and as far as I could tell travelled in women's clothing selling to Creasey's and so on. Ended up talking about The Book of Ebenezer Le Page to him which I he loved.

Home to scarf Chinese grub and have an earlyish night.

Comments