Moan-free zone

Up early to get to work. I was feeling most excited about the Guernsey Anthology business, which made it difficult to concentrate. So took myself off to the gym early, to sweat on the Hulk legs machine, which helped a lot.

Back to work, and I am now on the last lap of the third draft of Skelton Yawngrave in the second kind of darkness novel - the last ten thousand words - and this is the bit that needs most work and a few threads to be pulled together. Once this is done I will go through it all again to hoover up broken bits of grammar, spelling and any rubbish bits I have missed. Then, thank God, it will be ready to show people for some feedback before the absolute bloody final rewrite. Then I start to market it, followed quickly by international publication, glory, fame etc. Lorraine said she might be able to run bits of it past some actual real life children too.

Only a smidge of the Alsace stuff to look at to interrupt my flow today, which was good.

One of the challenges in Feel the fear and do it anyway, which I'm reading now as a kind of pep talk is not to moan about any person or thing for a week. So I'm designating myself a moan-free zone. A toughie. As someone posted on Amazon. Feel the fear and do it anyway is one of those books whose spine at least should be always visible to you.

Been watching 1066 The battle for Middle Earth. It had a chilling juxtaposition of matter of fact butchery, with the gentle English countryside. It seemed to me to be historically accurate: no vikings with horns here. It was rotten luck for King Harold to have a major punch up with the Vikings up north, just before the Normans invaded down south.

Comments