Beers and friends

Up early this morning and writing, before Lorraine and I had a large brunch. I had just about got around to finally fixing my aquarium up, when I was called by First Matie. There was a posse heading Brightonward. Before long Lorraine and I were in the Battle of Trafalgar, a difficult 20 yard trek from my door, with First Matie, Matty and Craig. Some Twittering and iPlayering from the boys. Soon to be joined by Matty's sister Tash her nice new boyf Steve. Then Betsy texted and said she and her pal Paul were in town too. Soon there was quite a crowd of us in the back garden of the pub and a fair amount of ensemble chatting.

After some time this group broke up, and Lorraine and I took the skippy Betsy and Paul on a lightning tour of Brighton before heading to the Cricketers pub to meet Craig and Matty again. From there off to our usual curry house for a decent bit of snap. It was good to see Craig, who I'd not seen for some time. His career has taken a good turn lately, and he is full of confidence which is great to see. I learned that was an excellent middle distance runner, and Matty asked him what he had learned from this experience. One thing he said it was to sprint when the race got hard.

Below Paul, Betsy and my local Banksy.

Comments