Suntrap and chill

Breakfast with Lorraine this morning in my garden. We sat about drinking coffee, my eyes gladdened by my colourful pelargoniums. Actually I got too hot, as my microscopic yard is a suntrap on a summer's morning.

Then I spent a couple of hours doing various bits of work. Just tidying up and completely reworking the very last poem of my collection. Only the title of the poem now remains unmolested: Chaos and the Cockroach. I applied today for a poetry surgery with Brendan Cleary - as it will be very useful to get some expert feedback.

Read through my giftbook pamphlet, and discover with surprise that I am very proud of it, and that it works really well. A proper marketing push coming on that soon.

Later Lorraine and I went off shopping. The town surging with tourists. L looking at dozens of filofaxes for her new job, opting for a large A4. I'm always happy to browse in stationery shops, but contented myself with buying some new yellow card. As it is a little known fact that the best way to do a mind map is on yellow card with blue ink.

I ended up spontaneously buying a navy blue jacket which not only fits, but is rather cool, and was in a sale. These rigours over, we sat in the sun eating some fairly good Thai food in the late afternoon.

Then a very chilled evening, despite watching a very tense film called Flightplan. The plot made little sense if you start to unpick it, which many film folks have done on the IMDb have done - but viewed from the perspective of a Kafkaesque nightmare it worked rather well. Jodie Foster running about on a Jumbo searching for her stolen child, to the point where she wonders if she really did have a child with her.

Comments