Return of the Tobster

Feeling somewhat seedy this morning, curse those ABF (absolute bloody final) gin and tonics.

However was up early and siphoning coffee and sparkling water into myself. Have confirmed my poetry surgery on the 30th August with Brendan Cleary. This means my last tinkerings with my poetry manuscript were made today. I am going to print out the results and then park the whole thing for a few weeks, till I get this feedback.

Toby arrived from Canada in the morning sporting the Platonic ideal of a green leather manbag from Argentina. Apart from the couple of hours where he crashed out, we spent the entire day talking. Tobs playing music by his and Romy's new favourite band, Argentina's Babasónicos and telling me more about their recent trip to Argentina, which sounds vibrant and creative place. This despite him seeing a 2-0! teeshirt detailing the moves involved in Diego Maradona's Hand of God world cup goal against England.

Toby crashed out for a couple of hours, and I took the opportunity to simplify my business website a little. Otherwise little happening on the work horizon today other than the brisk passage of tumbleweed, and the flapping of one or two crows.

Then after Toby revived with the help of some coffee, several hours wandering about through Brighton observing seagulls gathering in plotting knots and impromptu meetings. Also listening to the strange sound English people make when they talk on the streets. Spent some time hanging about on the splendidly cheesy pier.

We then had a quick feed at Zizzi's this evening and rounded off the day watching an episode of Vic Reeves Big Night Out, which can still make me laugh.

We also spoke to Mum who began a new dose of chemo. They have lessened her dosage, so I hope the experience will be much better this time.

Comments