A hot knife through butter

A fabulous day's work, with a strangely fresh and clear mind. I suddenly could see instantly what was improvable about several poems, and which poems should be dropped from the collection. Real clarity which left me feeling elated, and with a significantly improved collection. I even managed a doze for an hour in the middle of the day, which rebooted me for another fruitful session in the cafe.

After this I went for a walk along the seafront in the strong wind and sun, the sea choppy and blue, and I felt tremendously validated. Met Lorraine, who'd parked down by the seafront, and after a short walk we had some Japanese food at seven dials, which gave me the opportunity to be a world authority on Japan for a while, which was nice too.

Feeling that I must not become distracted. Times like this are rare, I must exploit it. Back to work!

Comments