Mum is unwell

Off to see Mum and Mase today. Had a few bits to sort out first, and was feeling sluggish. Quite enjoyed the journey, and used it to work on my poems.

Arrived at Mum and Mason's place, and I was concerned to find her not well. Her nausea has not abated with a change of pills, and she is feeling constantly sick, and actually was sick when I was there. I'm not sure if this is the chemotherapy, although she is on her week off now, or a worse version of the queasy bug that is doing the rounds. Mason anxious because he is trying to tempt her with food, which is difficult when even the thought of food makes her feel bad. As if this wasn't bad enough, she'd also badly hurt her back the day before and was in a good deal of pain.

I did my best to take stock, and we had a recap of the pills she was taking, and I made sure she was taking the anti sickness ones which had slipped off the radar that day, because of the back.

We did a fair amount of chatting, however, and Mum cheered up somewhat. She went to bed early. Mas and I watched a Harrison Ford movie then turned in too. I made an airbed nest, which was surprisingly comfortable.

Comments