The propaganda of cats

Crawled from my airnest to gulp cups of coffee with Mase. Mum breakfasted lightly on water and ten pills followed by a bit of pancake with sugar and lemon.

I started sneezing this morning and began cringing at the thought that I was about to introduce a cold into the house. So I set off for Brighton, threaded through the tubes to Victoria, where I missed my train by under a minute, the third time in a row this has happened. This for some reason made me feel infuriated. In fact there was a distinctly tetchy undercurrent to my last 48 hours.

Sneezing abated however, which was good. Once home, several calls with Kate the new ON TRACK editor. And one with Emma, the pleasant press officer at Glyndebourne. I will be doing an interesting interview there on Friday. Also called Mum in the afternoon, and she sounded in good spirits, having just spoken to our Toby, who is coming over soon to stay with me.

Also made an hour or so to work on my poems.

Complex cat propaganda: Mex has been replaced by an alien. This new "Mex" has a grumpyish-looking cat called Bolli, which she adores to the point of inciting all her mates to get it voted pet of the day on a Purina website. Mex sent Bolli pictures to Mum, who forwarded them to Romy, who sent me a note saying "Take a look at Mex’s cat pictures. Even Mex has a cat. You have to get a move on!" Meanwhile Anton is trying to get me to take Trotski, who is a fighty, moth-eating cat with an attitude problem.

In the evening after having her back cracked, Lorraine called by and listened to me moaning weakly for a bit, before we sloped off and had a cheery Chinese meal and a cold beer. I am becoming increasingly rubbish at drinking these days, one drink affects me. This is certainly economical! We met Beth and Mark at the station, from where Lorraine drove them all home after popping into my place, which Beth and Mark had not seen.

Below the famous Bolli.

Comments

Mecca Ibrahim said…
That is ridiculously unfair - I am still my own person and that furry creature is just a marketing tool ;-)

Good luck if you take on Trotski - although don't all cats have attitude problems. I thought that was part of their job description.

I was out with Kathryn last night and she told me that Kate was the new her. She's very nice and I'm sure she'll get on with Mike in an interesting way!