King Pippin's legacy

Up to the smoke this afternoon, meeting Simon at Brighton Station, for a meeting in the Grosvenor hotel at Victoria - with is nicely tranquil after the melee outside. After a coffee and wait of half an hour or so, presented our brand thinking for a couple of hours to the Cat with the Hat and Kate the new magazine editor.

From there I tubed it to Stanmore station, from where I walked in the sun to Mum and Mason’s place. They were not long back from hospital. Mum certainly a bit better than she was, although still not fully recovered. We sat in the garden and talked. The doctors are now saying that it is an adverse reaction to the chemotherapy, and are saying that when she gets back on a more even footing, they will lessen the dosage. Right now the idea of taking any more is anathema to Mum. I suggested the time for decision was not right now. I will go along for the conversation next week.

There are over 30 pills to be taken every day, and some of them induce tiredness, and general fuzzy-headedness. So I prepared a pill chart, of which pills needed to be taken when.

While Mum and Mase were watching some TV in the evening, I managed to catch up with a little business in the evening. I had to amend the French bread work. A tad eccentrically, and rather charmingly, the client wanted a reference to King Pippin the Short (714-768) who, in the middle of the eighth century, allowed bread making to be considered a trade, and sowed the seeds for great bread making in France.

I’d taken my computer up to London with me, and Mase and I sat about late in the evening, after mum had gone to bed, chatting and looking at some of the photos I’d taken over the last couple of years.

Comments