Pine feet

Up with the sparrows this morning. The Tobster dormant, I did hours of work before he got up. I have targeted a new publisher, Hay House, for my pamphlet project - and this morning I made a few amends to it, and sent it off in the afternoon, to try my luck.

I took Toby a nice cup of tea at 11 and, when he had surfaced I cooked peppered tomatoes and mushrooms fried in olive oil on toast. Toby said that his favourite vegetables are tomatoes and mushrooms. Toby is very easy to cook for, something that Romy tells him too apparently. The top Toby accolade for food is a pause for one beat then tasty said with some feeling. Same thing in Japan except that he used the word oishii instead.

He then set off up to the Smoke to see Mum and Mas. I did more work at home, before an afternoon swim. The pool full today, and a seemed to have dozens of staff rushing about. One of whom poured a fair amount of industrial strength disinfectant over my feet as I walked towards the pool. A mistake apparently. Despite the thrashing crowds in the pool lanes, I felt loads more relaxed and focused after a half an hour or so of surging along with my feet smelling of pine.

Walking back from the pool bumped into Cathy (twice in the last week - nothing the previous 13 years) and Sam out of Sam and Martin who was springing from a taxi and off to a coffee meeting with Anna. Brighton feels even more like home now when I bump into people.

I spent the remainder of the afternoon catching up with documenting my expenses, and washing laundry. Till Lorraine called by after a back cracking. Her spine is worth its weight in gold to those back crackers at the moment, no wonder they sent me a free massage.

I made her watch a Vic Reeves Big Night Out, which she said was interesting but didn't laugh much. Needs beer I think.

Comments