Mum in hospital again

Slept in this morning on my airbed nest. Had breakfast with Mum and Mase and then did a few bits a pieces around their house, working out how to use the VCR with Mase, and hoovering, as well as squeezing in a few business conversations. And one with Anton, which wasn't very businesslike.

I was still worried about mum, who was not significantly better today. Although her back was much less painful. Shortly before I left, we had another chat about how she was feeling and we decided that she should call the hospital, especially as I only then realised that she has been experiencing persistent diarrhoea. She called the hospital as Mas dropped me off at the station to head back to Brighton.

My mobile phone ran out of juice on the way home, and when I got home there was no reply when I called them, and I guessed the hospital had asked her to go in. Mas called me in the evening and said they had kept her in overnight. Mase said he and Mum were both relieved that she is getting some proper attention, and I was too.

If I had thought it through properly, I would have stayed in London, and I felt stupid that I'd not suggested calling the hospital the day before. But I will be back up to see them, in any case, in a couple of days, and at least she is now being properly looked after.

Lorraine came around this evening, and she is very reassuring and supportive. And the fact that she is an ex-ward sister is good too. But I'm afraid that we broke our week long detox, and had a couple of cheeky beers. And I have to say these were very big and clever.

Comments