And the stars look down

A decent run at my manuscript this morning, then a few calls. Including with Mum. In the afternoon I left home on an astrological matter, passing a massive dead television left in the twitten.

I met Diane, Reuben's mum, in my usual cafe. She had asked me to look at her horoscope, which I did although I have officially retired as an astrologer. It is an odd PK fact that when I went through my Marxist warehouse hand phase, shortly after I left university, that I had a sideline as a professional astrologer.

I had taught myself how to cast horoscopes in my teens (which now can be done in a split second on sites like astrodienst) and consulted various reference books to write accounts of people's birthcharts. In my experience when you accurately cast someone's horoscope it can seem accurate, though I think it would be a big mistake to live your life by it.

Still, it felt very Brightonish to be discussing things like the nature of rising signs and the influence of Saturn in somebody's life in a crowded cafe. Although I know this stuff, it felt like being possessed by a ghost of my former self. But I enjoyed meeting Diane again though.

After this went down to Adrian and Diane's studio and saw some of the work Adrian had shot lately, including of some fresh fish, and shots for a charity campaign. He's a truly excellent photographer. And he and I had a good chat, including about the wonder of Guernsey bean jars.

A late walk by the sea, and an early night. "Detox" still going well, apart from the cup of coffee Diane bought me which was the size of a goldfish bowl.

Comments