Eggs, chips and vampire zombies

Working for several hours writing a thousand words article about Glyndebourne, and pinging it off to Kate at the magazine. As I typed about opera and sustainability, I was secretly thinking about egg and chips. For this morning I awoke with craving for a platter of those bad boys. Lorraine as usual came to the rescue. She knew where to source a decent lunchtime plateful, with three eggs tastefully arranged over a nest of chips. Afterwards I felt that whatever had driven the egg and chip craving had been sated. Probably for the next decade.

An ex-colleague Mike Ferg and his wife Sandra, were down in Brighton. I met them and a Brighton based pal called Chippy. Mike has been fighting cancer for two and a half years, and the latest manifestation is chronic leukemia. He said that he makes the most of the good days, and this was one of them. And as he was in Brighton, we met up for a quick drink, and a catch up. Really good to see Mike, and his wife, who I'd not met before. They are really great together, and it was actually heart-warming to see them.

In the evening watched I am legend with Lorraine and Beth. It starred Will Smith. The leaping vampire/zombie things made me jump and emit girlish shrieks. I enjoyed it, however, but I just looked at wikipedia, and there was a much better alternative ending to the film, rather than the lame ending that was on general release.

The SF novel of the same name by Richard Matheson, that this film was loosely based on, is well worth reading however.

Comments