One of my ideas

Generally big and clever today. Sent my proposals for the French bread business off early, and then met Simon at Brighton station, from where we travelled to Croydon to meet the Cat with the Hat, who was sporting his elegant brown straw. We toddled off from there to have an hour and a half meeting nearby with some pleasant marketing folks in a rail company. I did a certain amount of holding forth, and warmed to their lady marketing manager instantly, which helped.

Then Simon and I travelled back to Brighton, and we are going to meet up next week, in combats and bandannas, to discuss some guerrilla marketing.

Home and did a certain amount of light faffing before going off to a cafe again to fiddle with a poem for a few moments before my nice French client called.

We chatted for at least half an hour, and it turns out she was very pleased with the the work I'd done. A nice way to earn a crust/dough/bread etc. (So many bread words are money words.) My French English dictionary has seen lots of thumbing over the last couple of days, as I am poor at French. I remember a French conversation tutor at my school saying that our head of languages spoke French like a Spanish cow, which always intruiged me.

Home, and worked in the evening finishing off with rationales for the bread branding business. Was called by Paul who wants me to give him a reference, and Mum who suggested I simply stand about in the dark and tell my moths to go, then open the windows, and to Lorraine who is trying to identify which of her cats is covertly vomiting. And to the Cat with the Hat who was sounding chuffed with my client schmoozing abilities. You can take the man out of the agency... etc. etc.

My back curiously much better today, and I was able to parade about just like a homo sapiens all upright and everything. With any luck tomorrow will be a Peter Kenny day and I can do my thang, which, as Vic and Bob used to say, is one of my ideas.

Comments