Train this morning with Anton who is off to Paris by Eurostar to give a presentation, or Mordor as he was calling it. Showing off with his new phone, so that when I got off at Hammersmith I went straight into Orange and got my free upgrade. Phoned Anton to explain that the one I'd chosen was ever-so-slightly cooler and had the edge in terms of functionality. A few hours later got a text "I'm 25k south of Lille and I think I can see Baradur".

Working with the Gnome this morning on internet banners for erection problems again. It is impossible to avoid ribaldry when working on that account.

Then off to lunch with Liz. We'd been planning to do lunch for about 3 months, and we shot down to Riverside Studios and snickered childishly about work and its characters for an hour. Good fun.

Very quiet at work this afternoon. I activated cloaking device and snuck off for a swim. A hot day meant it was quite full. In the pool I bumped into Ros, one of Janet & Ken's pals who is working in the Hospital. Later bumped into a complete stranger quite painfully as I was doing backstroke.

After work had a nice Italian meal on King Street with Matty boy. He was exemplary company as usual.

Train journey home found me busily engaged in transferring numbers into my new phone. I don't think of myself as a gadget boy but I carry my camera, iPod, phone with me everywhere. And there's nothing sad about that, is there?

Comments

Kate said…
Just checked my handbag... Camera (with spare memory card), check. iPOD, check. Phone (which is also an MP3 player, and a camera), check. Nope, nothing wrong with that at all. May change my name to gadget girl.