Meaty yowling outside my door till I got up after a refreshing nine hours sleep. As soon as I was up, however, it totally ignored me. Meanwhile I noticed a cheering text from The Gnome, saying that the first edit of the cats and dogs advert was looking great. This a relief and means that going back to work won't be hideous. Cats and dogs seem to be taking over my life.

Went downtown again, popping into the Art Gallery of Ontario which is being rebuilt. There was a small amount of modern art on display, as well as the Henry Moores. I took in an exhibition of Peter Doig's watercolours which left me marvelling at the gallery's overheated, and entirely unsubstantiated, claims made for the work.

In the gallery shop I picked up a couple of Emily Carr prints, however, which will look nice back home.

Walking around Toronto again in the sun taking one or two photos. Noticing how relaxed people are eating their lunches in the square outside City Hall. Eventually I made my way home for another brief nap.

After Toby got home from school we set off back into town to meet Romy and Gillian, who I'd met last time I was over. We went for a drink outside the flat iron building, where Romy bumped into a friend she'd last seen in Japan. This person paid for our drinks as Romy had got her mum to help her out of a spot of trouble many years ago.

Discovering that my alcohol tolerance is low these days (which I suppose is a good thing) two pints and I felt quite free to share my opinions. Then off to Biff's bistro and wine bar for a slap up feed of steak. Gillian talking about her bizarre dentist poking into her sockets with bamboo. We all had a good laugh, and then a taxi ride home to a pleased Meaty.

Below the CN Tower from the Unversity area, and the mad Ontario design school building

Comments

Kate said…
Hey PK, glad to hear you're having fun and chilling out. Looking forward to seeing the Tilley hat. Well, kinda. Call me for a beer when you're back. PS: Are you going to Jake&Debs leaving do on the 1st? Not sure when you're back.