Busy day. Was noodling about this morning and Anna and Anton came by be-babied and took me into town to drink coffee and watch the Children's parade through Brighton. The theme was foods of the world, so there were hundreds of children and their parents and teachers dressed with, for example, pizza pie hats, or as chips, jam sandwiches, fish or fruit and so on. These were peppered with big floats featuring often more abstract things like giant octopus or huge chefs. Found myself laughing a lot.

Met some of Anton and Anna's baby posse who were all cheery and their children all liking the parade. Klaudia seemed to enjoy it and was passed about to sit on people's shoulders. Oskar did his patented non-peeping perfect baby business. Amazing watching Klaudia's development. When they stopped by at my place she was sulking a bit. After she got some attention she was pulling some trying-not-to-laugh faces. This is quite sophisiticated really.

In the afternoon went out with Janet, Ken and Di (who is down for the weekend) off to some open houses in the Brighton Festival. Went to four of these and in the last one I fell in love with a box of barn owls by an man called John Dilnot.

The piece has seven cut out barn owls mounted on branches as if they were the boughs of a tree and I had to have it as soon as I saw it. Jokingly moaned at Janet who how much this trip had cost me. Absolutely delighted with it however and it is now on my wall adding a square of haunted mystery to my room. I have always liked boxes (my unpublished novel has a major character who is a box maker) .

Afterwards Janet drove us back to her place where we four ate a lovely fisherman's pie and drank wine and talked about many and various subjects such as distressing various materials for artistic effect, anglo-saxon concepts of weaving, and the niceness of pies.

Comments