Once the initial stun of jetlag had worn off, I devoted myself to a frenzy of cleaning as Toby and Romy have inspired me to sort out my house. And I took a decisive step later in the day by buying a wire frame thing to put in a draw so that the knives shall not lie with the forks, as God intended. Also some containers with tea, coffee and sugar written on them -- like Romy has.

Anna, Anton their bairns and David and Stephanie, Anna's mum and dad, came by for a cup of tea. I gave them the baby teeshirts with bears on them I'd bought at Toronto airport for the nippers. Little Oskar has a worrying rash over his body, while Baby Klauds was asleep and grouchy faced when she woke up.

Despite a few routine slurs on my Tilley hat's sexual orientation, Anton grew subdued as he tried it on and muttered something a bit later about getting a new one.

Off shopping in the afternoon. Took my Emily Carr prints in to be framed, bought the house-organising items above, and a new pair of walking boots that hopefully won't give blacken my toes like the old ones.

Quietly sipping tea and reading in the evening when there was a thunderous knock on the door accompanied by a whiff of sulphur and there was the twinkly-eyed Spooner. He invited me to his local pub the Lord Nelson at 10pm. Despite the fact that he doesn't drink he was zooming about, knowing everyone and generally being full of mischief. Spoke to Alison his wife and to his pals, and generally had fun. At the end of the night he was tormenting the bar staff by inching closer to them and saying in a strangled little voice that he wanted to join their gang, or saying that X used to be a male prostitute but now he couldn't be arsed etc. Off later to another boozer, which happened to be a gay pub, which was open late. A few Spooner cronies from the Nelson were there holding one corner of the bar up. Spooner insisting everyone (excluding himself) drink some strange short. I had one and it suddenly became clear that it was a good idea to head home.

Fun night, and good to see Spooner. Home and listened to a few tunes before going to bed late. Below the wonderful flowers in my front garden. I snap them now in case they are cut off as they were last year by a passerby.

Comments