Iron resolve to do nothing. And by thunder I'd forgotten how good I am at this. The morning's idling interrupted only by the occasional Meaty ambush. Several times she sprang up from under the chair to nip my hand, unable to endure the provocation of my holding a book any longer.

I finished my random airplane read "A year in the merde" which was a bit less merde that I thought it might be. Then back to Tua Forsstrom's poems, and then embarked on reading an NLP book about overcoming fear. I want to reprogram myself to stop being so wretched on planes. Part of the process is to say things like I love planes, and I particularly enjoy it when it's bumpy! till the kind people in white coats come for you.

This developed into a full blown "me, me me" fest. My mental and emotional inbasket is full, and today I began to separate some of the sheep from the goats.

Later I enjoyed a blameless afternoon nap followed by two bowls of Romy's yummy lentil soup. Toby back from work (cue Meaty going ape) and more chatting. Tobs had a good idea for my upcoming poetry course... Why not do the seven deadly sins? He has been teaching poetry a lot recently and is really enjoying it.

When Romy got home she gave me two foolproof maps -- and a plan. Google Map 1 was to find the metro station as tomorrow I am going downtown to meet her for lunch. Then I shall score a Tilley hat using Google Map 2, and then meet her again, go to find Tobs at his school before zooming off into the wilds to see Joan and Dick at Deviation Road.

Then we went for a nice walk through lots of pretty residential streets, through a big park called High Park, past a bar unambiguously called Tipsy McStaggers till we got to a wine bar/restaurant called Fat Cat with Diana Krall music and what Toby thought were posers at the bar. There we had nice grub and wine and plenty more chat.

Then we taxied home and I happily slumped into bed again listening to Meaty rattling about in the hall. I really enjoyed today.

Comments