At last the car pitch is behind me. Went fairly well. Spent the latter part of the afternoon locked away (with four other guys from the agency and five from the client) in an airless grey room in Slough talking passionately about cars. The building gave me the dreadful ennui feeling again and the colours of the walls reminded me of when I worked as the world's least efficient Snivel Servant.

Turned up armed with loads of work in portfolios and a five foot cardboard robot. I felt like I was talking in tongues droning on about cars having never driven one.

After pitch we retired to a nearby hotel to snatch a cheeky beer before I undertook the long schlepp home. Tired and braindead. Feeling fat and unfit too as I have only managed one long walk and no other exercise for a week. Will resume swimming tomorrow. In fact I will resume life again tomorrow.

Hoping for a better night's sleep tonight. Plagued by terrible nightmares last night.

Comments