A burst of laundry and out. A beautiful sunny day today in Toronto. With my Tilley hat to keep off the sun I caught the subway downtown, taking a walk through the pleasant University area. I stopped off at The Village Idiot, a bar around the corner from where Tobs used to live, for a village idiot burger and a beer.

Thus refreshed, I spent the next three and a half hours walking through downtown Toronto rubbernecking in shops and just going where my feet took me. The CN tower makes it incredibly easy to locate yourself in the city, so you never get lost.

And talking of the CN tower... I decided to take myself up the world's tallest building today. The lift, which has a glass side, takes you up in about a minute to the restaurant area. Wandered about for a few minutes looking down at the vertiginous views. However I didn't feel very secure, and was pleased to get down after a while, opting not to join the people dancing about on the glass floor.

After this I caught the subway and spent some time wandering in the big wooded High Park, populated mostly by smart middle-aged women walking their dogs which you could hear baying in the distance.

Home and lurked about reading and playing with Meaty till Toby arrived. The cat greets Toby as if he were a popstar: shrieking and scrabbling its feet on the window until Tobs lets himself in.
Fortunately Romy's work blip is over, so she was able to return home at a reasonable hour and do the decent thing: cook a large stir fry while Tobs and I sat about watching.

All of us cheery: I am unwinding, Romy's ghastly work business is behind her, and Toby's end of school year is now just three weeks away.

Early night again though. Can't get enough sleep... It's great!

Below a view from the CN Tower: Romy works in the big white BMO building.

Comments