A Thursday win

Hot, close night. Brian miaowing with great volume, being deaf, outside the bedroom door. He is banished from the bedroom. Then me waking me up hearing Calliope yowling with another cat outside as my windows were open. I went down and stood outside at 3am. The sky was flashing with distant thunder beyond Seaford Head, and while I was there a few spots of rain started but soon stopped. Couldn't get back to sleep, and Lorraine wasn't there. 

A nice day for me, however. An early breakfast, and working slowly on a few bits and pieces, and in the afternoon organising my other website, and I went to the gym again.  

Best news of the day came as I was cooking a curry for when Lorraine got home. I received an email from David Longhorn at Supernatural Tales, who said he'd greatly enjoyed my story What's Inside and will publish it next spring.  I'm absolutely delighted by this. Texted Betty this evening to tell her, as it was her summer job some time when she wore a rabbit suit.

Lovely to have Lorraine back home,  highly attracted to the sofa and playing a bit of Star Dew Valley to decompress after the long drive. I went off for a walk in the evening, the sky flashing occasionally with the enormous amounts of thunder to the north, the rain not reaching us here on the coast.


Comments