Turning red

Suddenly seasonally cold, and nippy at my desk this morning.

Keep having dreams about applying for jobs, or turning up to a new agency and knowing nobody etc. My psyche is beginning to get to grips with the idea I am not going to be doing much freelance work from now on. I never thought of myself as someone who took their identity from their job. And luckily I can keep on writing. 

A chat with Anton, who was in bed with a cold.

Nice to wake up and start writing again, before slipping downstairs having breakfast. In the afternoon moving things, taking apart my futon and storing it, mowing the lawn till the lawn mower gave up the ghost. We bought a cheap one and it has already broken once. You get what you pay for. Lorraine and I took a saunter through Seaford, and then Brian and Yvonne dropped in with a present for me: a flask water or hot drinks when walking. Lovely. 

Reading a bit too. Dipping into the Anthology of Contemporary American Poetry Volume 2 Second Edition today, looking at poems by Frank O'Hara, how Ian McMillan said he was influenced by. I have tried before with Frank O'Hara, and at last found one of his poems I quite liked. I struggle to enjoy The New York poets. Reading some of Joy Davidman too, who was married to C.S. Lewis.  

Felt happy to be back to the eating and non drinking regime again today. I had weirdly been craving things like sauerkraut and olives and fresh leaves and so on. Lorraine also did a big harvest of things in the glasshouse today, picking chillies and padrone peppers and aubergines, plus the last few cucumbers and tomatoes in a big bowl. 

Put the heating on this evening, as it was appropriately cold for this time of the year. Amanda still working hard upstairs, and is making good progress. She is excellent, and works really hard, and is friendly but you keep forgetting she is there. Looking forward to moving back into our bedroom. Our clothes are scattered about lots at the moment. I find living in clutter quite stressful these days.  

Found out that Amanda, my friend in NZ lost her husband last week. Very sad.

Lorraine strung up some green chillies a couple of weeks ago. Funny watching them turn red one after another.



Comments